2019/2020 Youth Basketball League
The City of Fremont offers a recreational youth basketball league for boys and girls for grade levels from preschool through 8th grade. The league, sponsored by Washington Township Medical Foundation, has a season that runs December through February. If low enrollment occurs, some leagues may be combined.
For registration information, call 510-494-4300.
For program information, call 510-494-4334.
Preschool - 2nd Grade League
- Focus on FUN! Score will not be kept
- City staff will coach all games. ·
- All games will be on Saturdays at the Irvington Community Center.
Season: 12/7 to 2/22
Price: $169 per player
Parent Info Day: Saturday, November 9, 2019
276729 Preschool/Kindergarten (Boys & Girls)
276730 1st/2nd Grade (Boys & Girls)
- Parent Information Day will be held at Irvington Community Center at 9:30 am (for Preschool/Kindergarten grades) and 10:30 am (for 1st/2nd grades).
- Game schedules and league information will be handed out at Parent info day.
- Please note that both leagues are Co-Ed. Preschool/Kindergarten is for Ages 4 and up, NOT 3 years or younger. No exceptions!
- All requests for children to be placed on the same team must be done in writing at the time of registration and no later than October 31st (please include the barcode on the request)
3rd-8th Grade Leagues
- This league is back and better than ever!
- Volunteer coaches needed!
- Games will be on Saturdays either at Irvington Community Center or Horner Jr. High School.
Season: 12/7 to 2/22
Price: $175 per player
Draft Day: Saturday, November 2, 2019
276983 3rd/4th Boys only
276984 3rd/5th Girls only
276985 5th/6th Boys only
276986 6th/8th Girls only
276987 7th/8th Boys only
- Except for family members, no requests to be on the same team will be accepted.
- If registered after Draft Day, players will be randomly placed on a team.
- There will be one 1-hour practice every week that may rotate between Tu-Th. Times vary between 5 and 9 p.m.
- Practice schedules will be available after Nov 2nd.
- Practice begins week of Nov. 11th!
- If necessary, some games will be on Sunday.
Please Note For All Ages
- No games on Dec 28, Jan 4, and Feb 15!
- Withdrawals after November 3rd will be charged a $35 service and equipment fee.
- We reserve the right to switch or combine age groups for the overall benefit of the league.
- Games are monitored with the intent of equal playing time.
Important Dates To Remember
Parent Information Day
Preschool/Kindergarten & 1st/2nd Grade Leagues Only
Saturday, November 9, 2019
@ Irvington Community Center
*Game schedules & league information will be handed out.
Preschool/KindergartenBoys & Girls 9:45am
1st/2nd grade Boys & Girls 10:30am
3rd-8th Grades Only
*Volunteer coaches pick teams.
Draft Day Schedule
November 2 @ Irvington Community Center
- 3rd/4th Boys (by last name) A-L 9am & M-Z 10am
- 5th/6th Boys (by last name)A-L 12pm & M-Z 1pm
- 7th/8th Boys – 2:45pm
- 3rd/5th Girls – 11am
- 6th/8th Girls – 2pm
Volunteer parent coaches are needed! Call (510) 494-4334.
If you plan on coaching the 3rd/4th or 5th/6th boys league, you will need to attend both draft timings specific to your league. This allows coaches to see all players participating in draft day.
If you are a qualified person with a disability and you need accommodation to participate, contact Recreation Services at (510) 494-4300 at least two (2) working days in advance.