Coronavirus (COVID-19) Employee Resources
This is an unprecedented time in our organization’s history. We are working in conjunction with State and Federal agencies to provide resources to our Fremont team to help us through this emergency. We are encouraging all employees to stay calm, stay informed, and know that your health and well-being is important to us. Please check this space often as new information and resources for City of Fremont staff members will be provided here.
Families First Coronavirus Response Act
The Department of Labor outlines the new Federal leave benefits that were recently created as part of the Families First Coronavirus Response Act. The benefits go into effect and are available to covered staff members, effective April 1, 2020.
- Department of Labor Poster
- Department of Labor: Families First Coronavirus Response Act - Employee Leave Rights
- Department of Labor: Frequently Asked Questions
- Families First Coronavirus Webinar and related slides
- Families First Coronavirus Response Act Overview and Procedures / Employee Request Form for Emergency Paid Sick Leave and/or Emergency Family Medical Leave (Effective 4/1/20 to 12/31/20)
- City of Fremont: Emergency Responders Request Form for Families First Coronavirus Act Benefits (Effective 4/1/20 to 12/31/20)
Health and Wellness
Our COVID-19 response has required that we make many changes in our lives, but your regular benefits through the City of Fremont are continually accessible to you should you need them.
- California Public Employees Retirement System (CalPERS)
- Anthem Members
- Anthem Live Health Online: Virtual video visit information from your smartphone, computer or tablet.
- Blue Shield Members
- Blue Shield Teledoc: Teledoc virtual video visit information
- Kaiser Members
- Kaiser Teleheath: Overview of options to access services: in-person visit, e-mail, phone appointment, video visit and e-visit.
- Western Health Advantage (WHA)
The California Employment Development Department (EDD) has issued guidance to employees whose work hours have been reduced as a result of COVID-19. Additional information can be accessed on the EDD website.
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
The Managed Health Network (MHN) flyer includes information regarding COVID-19 and how to cope. Employees may contact MHN, toll-free, 24hours/day, seven days/week at (800) 242-6220 for assistance/help. (Company Code: Fremont)
Financial Resources and Information
- ICMA-RC: Participants may contact Retirement Plans Specialist, Chad Parilla by phone at (866) 749-5177 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Virtual meetings can also be scheduled online.
- Nationwide Retirement Solutions: Participants may contact Retirement Specialist, Kerry Avila by email at email@example.com. Virtual meetings can also be scheduled online.
Time Reporting and Teleworking Resources
Time Reporting and Emergency Activity Tracking Instructions
- Emergency Telework Policy
- Accessing Voicemail from Home
- Pulse Secure Setup Guide
- Getting Started with Microsoft Teams
- Effective Tips, Healthy Habits and Strategies for Telecommuting
Please note: The Updates on this page are in chronological order. The most current information is posted at the top.
- May 26, 2020: Telework and Return to Work Planning | Mark Danaj, City Manager
- May 21, 2020: COVID-19 HR Time Reporting and Emergency Activity Tracking Advice | Allen DeMers, Human Resources Director
- May 20, 2020: Employee Meeting Scheduled: Please Attend | Mark Danaj, City Manager
- April 29, 2020: City of Fremont Update | Mark Danaj, City Manager
- April 27, 2020: City Employees Highlighted during COVID-19 | Mark Danaj, City Manager
- April 8, 2020: Human Resources COVID-19 Webpage | Allen DeMers, Human Resources Director
- April 3, 2020: Innovative accomplishments during COVID-19 | Mark Danaj, City Manager
- April 2, 2020: City of Fremont Health and Wellness Resources | Allen DeMers, Human Resources Director
- April 2, 2020: COVID 19 update for all employees | Mark Danaj, City Manager
- March 24, 2020: Health and Financial Benefit Access Information | Allen DeMers, Human Resources Director
- March 18, 2020: COVID-19 HR Time Reporting and Emergency Activity Tracking Advice | Allen DeMers, Human Resources Director
- March 17, 2020: Message to Fremont employee family about COVID 19 | Mark Danaj, City Manager
- March 17, 2020: City of Fremont COVID-19 Staff Update | Allen DeMers, Human Resources Director
- March 15, 2020: URGENT-City of Fremont COVID-19 Service and Staffing Information | Allen DeMers, Human Resources Director
- March 12, 2020: COVID 19 Update March 12, 2020 | Allen DeMers, Human Resources Director
- March 9, 2020: COVID 19 (coronavirus) Update | Allen DeMers, Human Resources Director
- March 4, 2020: Coronavirus Update | Allen DeMers, Human Resources Director
- February 5, 2020: Coronavirus Informational Guide | Steven Schwarz, Risk Manager
Human Resources staff is available to support our employees in understanding the benefits and resources being offered. For questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.