Virtual Recreation Programs
We’re launching Virtual Recreation Programs that will help keep your family engaged and active at home while sheltering in place. Programs begin next week online! See below for more details. Register at Fremont.gov/Virtual.
DO’s and DON’Ts of Virtual Recreation Programs
Classes will be offered online using Zoom. A zoom link will be emailed a few days before the start of the virtual program. If you do not receive an email, please email RegeRec@fremont.gov or call (510) 494-4300. Learn the Do’s & Don’t’s of Virtual Recreation Programs. For information on how to access and download Zoom, please click here: Zoom Support.
Communication Academy (Flyer)
- Academic Writing: Essay (Ages 8-14)
- Academic Writing: Journalism (Ages 8-14)
- Academic Writing: Narrative (Ages 8-14)
- Confident Debate: Mock Trial (Ages 8-14)
- Confident Debate: SPAR (Ages 8-14)
- Confident Debate: Student Congress (Ages 6-14)
- Confident Public Speaking: Impromptu Speech (Ages 6-14)
- Confident Public Speaking: Improv (Ages 6-14)
- Confident Public Speaking: Persuasive Speech (Ages 6-14)
- Public Speaking: Creative Interpretation (Ages 6-14)
- Girls Camp: Coding Projects with Scratch (Ages 7-10)
- Girls Camp: LEGO Designers & Engineers (Ages 6-9)
- Intermediate Game Coding with Scratch (Ages 8-12)
- Java Coding Camp (Ages 12-16)
- LEGO Animal Adventures Online Summer Camp (Ages 5-8)
- LEGO Magic Park Imagineering (Ages 5-9)
- LEGO Magnificent Minecraft Builds (Ages 5-9)
- LEGO Space Journeys (Ages 5-8)
- LEGO Superhero Designers (Ages 6-9)
- LEGO Tinkering Lab Online Summer Camp (Ages 6-9)
- Learn to Code with Python (Ages 11-16)
- Learn to Code with Python: Advanced (Ages 11-16)
- Online Coding with Scratch: Superhero Games (Ages 7-10)
Play-Well classes are going virtual! Tap into your imagination from the comfort of your own home with the guidance of an experienced Play-Well instructor and simple pieces from your own LEGO collection - all while connecting virtually with other young LEGO engineers! Students will explore their creative boundaries, learn new building techniques, and connect their projects to practical real-world STEM concepts, with a focus on open-ended builds that do not require special LEGO pieces. (Virtual)
KENDO Beginner, The Way of Samurai Swordplay (flyer)
NEW! (Ages 7+) KENDO is rooted in the sword fighting techniques of the ancient Japanese warrior ’SAMURAI.’ The martial art conditions the body and mind through traditional physical and spiritual training, ignites continuous self-improvement, and forges a warrior spirit to conquer adversity. This beginner class is designed for those who have never done Kendo and teaches you the fundamental body movements and characteristics of Kendo. ’ Material fee of $35 for Shinai and a bag is due before the first class. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for payment and delivery.
Classes begin virtually starting June 12. Click for registration information.