SCU Lightning Complex Fire Evacuation Warning
WHAT: EVACUATION WARNING
WHEN: Effective Immediately
WHERE: ALAMEDA COUNTY
- East of the Mission Blvd. and Mission Rd. Intersection south to the Intersection of Mission Blvd and Curtner Rd.
- East of Curtner Rd. south along I-680 to the Santa Clara County Line
- South of I-580 in between Greenville Rd. and San Joaquin County Line to the Alameda/Santa Clara County Line, South of the Livermore City limits (excluding the cities of Livermore and Pleasanton), South of Hwy 84 in between Vineyard Ave. and I-680, South of I-680 to the fire perimeter and the Alameda/Santa Clara County Line
- West of the Alameda/San Joaquin County Line to the Livermore city limits, to Hwy 84 to I-680
- North of fire perimeter and the Alameda/Santa Clara County Line to Hwy 84, to the Livermore city limits, to I-580
NOTES: A Red Flag Warning has been issued for the Bay Area, including Alameda County beginning Sunday morning (8/23/20 at 5:00 a.m.) lasting until Monday (8/24/20 at 5:00 p.m.). Due to the Red Flag Warning an Evacuation Warning is being issued in advance of the weather event because of the remoteness of this area and the limited egress routes, which may be inaccessible should fire activity increase in the area. For those with pets or livestock, as well as those with access and functional needs, you are encouraged to leave the area as soon as possible. All others should be prepared to leave if the situation worsens or if you perceive a fire threat.
If a mandatory evacuation order is issued, a Temporary Evacuation Point will be provided.
SAFETY MESSAGE: The public is reminded to stay vigilant on current fire conditions. Please continue to adhere to road closures and any evacuation warnings. A reminder to drive slowly and yield to emergency personnel in the area. There will be smoke in the respective areas as firefighters continue firefighting operations. If at any time you feel unsafe, please call 911.
ANIMAL SHELTER: For those who need shelter for Livestock, please contact Alameda County Animal Services at 925-803-7041 to make arrangements for their housing.
EVACUATION WARNING MAP: Online evacuation map.
Wildfire preparedness tips
(*The CAL Fire News Release is also available in Chinese, Spanish and Vietnamese.)