A tree removal permit may be issued if one of the following criteria is met:
- The tree poses a substantial hazard to people or property
- The tree is dead, dying or has short life expectancy
- The tree is seriously diseased
- The tree is part of a group that is overcrowded
- The tree has caused extensive utility damage (sewer, water main, power lines,etc.)
- The tree has caused extensive concrete or property damage
- The tree has been damaged to the extent that it cannot be feasibly restored
A tree removal permit will not be issued:
- If there is a reasonable alternative to removal (such as maintenance) tree preservation will be prioritized.
- Dropped leaves or fruit are not valid reasons for tree removal.