Human Services, 3300 Capitol Ave, Building B is CLOSED.
Out of an abundance of caution and to mitigate the spread of COVID-19, the Human Services Department has returned to a remote schedule through the month of January.
Human Services: 510-574-2050 or email@example.com
Aging and Family Services 510-574-2041
- Age Well Centersare closed to the public however:
- Staff will be answering phones 510-790-6600 when at all possible, Monday-Friday, 8:30am – 1:00pm. Messages will be returned within 1 business day. Emails will be checked daily, Monday – Friday.
- Classes will be held on Zoom when possible.
- Lunch will be offered at both centers as Pickup only starting on January 18.
- Mobile Food Pantry will still take place at both Age Well Centers outside.
- For more details, information as well as additional updates for both Lake Elizabeth and South Fremont Centers call 510-790-6610 for recorded information.
- Alternatively you can check the Age Well Centers Facebook page or website at www.fremont.gov/agewellcenters.
- Senior InfoLine (For questions about Senior Services, resources and supply needs for vulnerable persons) 510-574-2041
- Ride-On Tri-City! Program (510) 574-2053
- Human Services Front Lobby at Building B, 3300 Capitol Ave. is closed. Transportation voucher purchases, transportation application submittals, etc. are being accepted by mail.
- Tri-City seniors and individuals with disabilities can call the Ride-On Helpline (510-574-2053) for assistance in getting connected with transportation services.
- Ride-On Tri-City’s Travel Training and Group Transportation outings are currently suspended.
- In-person processing of Senior Clipper card applications is suspended. To get a Senior Clipper card through the mail, click here to complete the application.
Fremont Family Resource Center, please call (510) 574-2000
The Fremont Family Resource Center (FRC) building located at 39155 Liberty Street which houses 20+ State, County, City and Non-Profit Organizations will remain open. Each agency will be determining its own schedule and staffing level. Please check www.fremont.gov/frc for agency updates and call the agency before visiting the FRC.
The FRC Administration office (Suite A110) will be providing services remotely with in-person appointments made as needed.
Homeless Services and Hygiene opportunities, please call (510) 574-2222
Youth and Family Services (YFS), please call (510) 574-2100 for general information
Effective January 10, 2022, Youth and Family Services will be limiting mental health services to telehealth. Substance use services will continue to be provided in person or telehealth as requested. The YFS clinic at the Family Resource Center will remain open during business hours Mondays to Fridays.
- YFS Clinic client appointments: All mental health counseling services will be conducted by telehealth.
- School-based services: will continue to be conducted in person on school sites until further notice.
- Crisis appointments: Our crisis counselors will be on duty Monday through Friday responding to crisis as needed, including the following:
- Family relationship crisis as referred by Fremont or Newark Police Department. All City- mandated COVID-19 Safety protocols will be followed.
- Client crisis: For current clients who are experiencing crisis, we will conduct a telehealth session or a face to face session, following the COVID Safety Protocol.
- Substance Use Disorder (SUD) Intervention and Counseling will be provided in person or by telehealth as requested. Please call (510) 790-6940 for more information.
Rent Review: For all rent increase questions and services, please call (510) 733-4945 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Donations: All donation drop offs will be accepted by appointment only. Please email to schedule an appointment.