These salary schedules list all classifications in the City of Fremont, along with their hourly or monthly salaries. There is a separate schedule for regular classifications and for temporary classifications.
These benefit summaries document benefits available to employees of the City of Fremont. Please note that there are two different summaries for different classifications.
- Regular wages refer to employee’s base pay in relation to position and years of service.
- Non-exempt employees earn overtime for hours worked that extend beyond their normal work shift.
- Holiday: Employees working in the public safety field, police and dispatch, are eligible to receive holiday pay in lieu of paid holidays. Public safety is a 24 hour operation and holidays are not available to safety related employees.
- Educational Incentive Pay: EIP encourages employees to continue higher education. Public Safety employees can receive additional pay, depending on the level of higher education achieved and job related certifications.
- Sick Leave Incentive Pay: Employees are eligible to receive payment for a portion of their accumulated but unused sick leave during the preceding year. The incentive pay is only available to sworn Police Officers and Police Sergeants.
- Premium Pay: The City has a variety of Premium Pay categories based on bargaining unit and job classification. Currently premium pay categories include bilingual pay, canine officer pay, out of class pay (working temporarily in a higher position), longevity pay, paramedic pay, special operations task force pay and training pay.
- Cell phone: Certain positions are provided with a monthly cell phone allowance ranging from $15 to $60. Where possible, the City provides a monthly cell phone allowance to compensate employees for work use of their personal phone instead of issue a City owned phone.
- Allowance: Various forms of allowance are provided by bargaining unit and job classification including uniform allowance, glove allowance, safety shoe allowance and tool allowance.
- Leave Payouts: Employees earn paid time off over the term of their employment. Employees can elect once per year to convert to cash a portion of their used hours of general leave, depending on bargaining group or employment agreement. All general leave and compensatory time balances are paid out on termination of employment.
- Referral Bonus: Occasionally, depending on labor market conditions the city provides a flat rate referral bonus of $1,000 to assist in the hiring of competent qualified police officers,. Half is awarded to the referring officer upon hire of the new officer, and the other half when the new officer completes and passes a probationary period.
- Health: The City provides a health benefit allowance cafeteria plan to employees based on bargaining unit to be applied towards health care premiums including medical, dental and vision.
- Deferred Compensation: For some employees the city pays a percentage of base wages to a deferred compensation plan.
- Retirement: The City of Fremont participates in the CalPERS retirement system. All Fremont employees pay the employee share ranging from 6.25% to 11.25% of salary, and a majority of employees pay an extra portion of the employer share ranging from 3.63 % to 5.8% of salary based on employment agreements.
Fremont Employee Compensation Reports available for your review:
To view Fremont's Local Government Compensation Report for the State Controller's Office for 2014, click here.
Compensation information provided includes all compensation either paid to the employee or paid by the employer on behalf of the employee.
- Regular Wages
- Special Pay
- Other Pay
The City has nine recognized bargaining units who operate under agreements referred to as Memorandum of Understanding:
- Battalion Chiefs, International Association of Fire Fighters (BC), Local 1689
- Fremont Association of City Employees (FACE)
- Fremont Association of Management Employees (FAME)
- Fremont Police Association (FPA)
- Fremont Police Management Association (FPMA)
- Fremont Professional Firefighters, Int'l Assoc of Firefighters (IAFF), Local 1689
- Operating Engineers, Local Union No. 3 (OE3)
- Professional Engineers and Technicians Association (PETA)
- Teamsters, Local 856
Salary Schedules & Job Descriptions
Salary Schedules are available for your review. The Salary Schedules list all job classifications in the City of Fremont along with their hourly and/or monthly salaries. There are separate schedules for regular and temporary classifications. Additional information regarding the positions can be found in Job Descriptions.