Flood Map Updates
The Flood Insurance Study Report and Flood Insurance Rate Maps for the community have been revised with the following:
National Flood Insurance Program
Since 1983, the City of Fremont has been a participant in the National Flood Insurance Program, which is administered by the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA). FEMA has delineated portions of the City as special flood hazard areas on flood insurance rate maps. Properties within these areas may be subject to special flood insurance requirements and construction standards.
Community Rating System
In March 2001, FEMA accepted the City into the Community Rating System (CRS) with a rating of Class 7. The rating provides owners of property in special flood hazard areas a 15% reduction in premiums for flood insurance required under the National Flood Insurance Program. Property owners should review their policy to make sure they are getting the discount.
Flood Maps, Elevation Certificates, and Other Documents
As a community participating in the National Flood Insurance Program, the City of Fremont is the repository for maps, letters of map revision, letters of map amendment, and elevation certificates. These documents are available at the Engineering Division at 39550 Liberty Street. Elevation Certificates are also available online. For more flood information or questions, contact the Engineering Division at (510) 494-4718 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Other Information Sources
The FEMA website has been revised to include more tools for property owners, lenders, insurance professionals, and government agencies. Below are links to FEMA's website and outreach material:
- Flood Map Search - A link to FEMA's Flood Map Service Center where you can look up flood hazard information by address, place or longitude/latitude coordinates.
- National Flood Insurance Program - A link to FEMA's National Flood Insurance Program webpage which contains additional information including an overview of the program, information targeted to specific groups (including claims adjusters, property owners, insurance professionals, lenders, state & local officials and surveyors) and featured NFIP topics.
- Fremont Municipal Code - A link to the City of Fremont's Municipal code where you can find information regarding the City's adopted policies for development in special flood hazard areas.
- Outreach Material - A link to an informational flyer on flood preparedness which is mailed annually to residents within the City of Fremont who live in or near a special flood hazard area.
- California Nevada River Forecast Center- NOAA/NWS News and Local CNRFC Information
- National Weather Service - Advanced Hydrologic Prediction Service
- Alameda County Clean Water Program
- BASMAAs Blueprint for a Clean Bay
- International Code Council - Flood Cleanup-Safety and Salvaging