Overview of Process

Special Event Process

You need a special event permit when an event is PUBLIC and is open to the entire community (anyone). In some cases, you will also require a special event permit for a PRIVATE event.  If you are not sure, please email or call us to ask.


For events not requiring city services (e.g. block parties, farmers markets, events help on private properties) and for questions related to stages, tents, banners, and other structures: Barbara Yee-Charlson; (510) 494-4561; BYee-Charlson@fremont.gov

For events requiring city services on day(s) of event (e.g. police, fire, or public road closures): Amy Gee; (510) 790-6967; agee@fremont.gov