Picnic Reservation Rules
Picnic Area Rules
- Reservation maximum is one year in advance. Reservations must be received a minimum of 10 working days prior to reservation date.
- Reservations are valid with presentation of the appropriate completed Central Park Use Permit or Community Park Use Permit and payment of all fees and deposit. You will receive a response by mail.
- A group representative must occupy the reserved site by 10:00 am. After 10:30 am, the reservation and fees will be considered forfeited and the area will be released for public use.
- Alcohol Use Permit must be included with the application for Los Cerritos Community Park picnics. Only beer, wine, and champagne may be approved.
- For a cancellation by permittee, a refund of use-fees shall be made where permittee gives written notice of cancellation to the Department at least 11 calendar days prior to the date reserved. Fees for use cancelled 30 or more days in advance will be refunded minus 10%. Fees for use cancelled 11 to 29 days will be refunded minus 30%. Fees for use cancelled 10 days or less will not receive a refund.
- Rain-Out Policy: Reservation fees will not be refunded for events which are cancelled due to inclement weather. Notification of cancellation must be communicated to the Central Park Visitor Center on the day of the reserved use by 10:00 am. Events cancelled due to inclement weather may be rescheduled for a future use to occur within six months of the cancelled use date. If the replacement use date occurs in a period with a higher or lower use fee, the fee applicable to the new use date shall apply. Failure to cancel a reserved use by stated notification to the Central Park Visitor Center or failure to reschedule a cancelled use within a six-month period will result in forfeit of reservation fee.
- Allow four weeks for any refunds.