- Answer building code and inspection requirement questions
- Finalize permits
- Perform building inspections to assure compliance with the approved plans
- Conduct special investigations on in-progress work being done without building permits
Development Services Center Closed March 16 to May 3, 2020
Effective Monday, March 16 through Sunday, May 3, 2020, most City of Fremont facilities are closed to the public to align with the Shelter in Place Order issued by the Alameda County Public Health Department to help slow the spread of Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19).
The Development Services Center located at 39550 Liberty Street in Fremont is closed. The Development Services Center is the City's one-stop shop for accepting, reviewing, and approving permit applications and construction documents for all types of projects. During this closure, the City will not be processing permits.
Staff are available by phone or email to provide assistance and answer questions. Please see the contact information below.
- Building Inspection: 510-494-4400 or email
- Code Enforcement: 510-494-4430 or email
- Development Services Center: 510-494-4443 or email
- Housing: 510-494-4500 or email
- Planning: 510-494-4440 or email
- Plans and Permits: 510-494-4460 or email
- Sustainability: email
For more information and updates to City services, please visit the City's Coronavirus webpage.
- Request a building inspection by calling 510-494-4885.
- Request a commercial AFES, fire alarm, or fire code inspection by email or call 510-494-4428.
- Have your permit number available when you request an inspection.
- Inspection requests can be made 24 hours a day, seven days a week on the automated line.
- Please note that all building and fire inspections must be scheduled before 3:00 pm the day before the appointment.
Anyone who is listed as a contact person on the permit/record can schedule a building inspection online through Citizen Access. To add persons to a record so they can schedule an inspection online, an authorization form needs to be completed by the applicant. To learn more on how to do this, visit our Citizen Access User Guide.
Inspection Area Assignments
Find out which inspector is assigned to your area.
Daily Inspection Schedule
- AM inspections are between 8 a.m.-12 p.m.
- PM inspections are between 12 p.m.- 4 p.m.
- Please call your assigned inspector the morning of your inspection for information regarding their inspection route.
- Please note that a narrower time window is not provided.
- Recognized Special Inspection Testing Agencies
- Residential Smoke and Carbon Monoxide Detector Requirements
- Typical Inspection Examples
Tell Us How We Are Doing!
We are continually trying to improve our services. If you obtained a permit within the last year, please take a moment to complete our quick online survey. Thank you!