Building Inspection provides the following services to the Fremont community:
- Answer building code and inspection requirement questions
- Finalize permits
- Perform building inspections to assure compliance with the approved plans
- Conduct special investigations on in-progress work being done without building permits
**Important Notice: Holiday Closure**
The City is implementing a Holiday Closure for many non-public safety City Services from Monday, Dec. 24, 2018 through Tuesday, Jan. 1, 2019. City offices participating in the Holiday Closure will re-open for business Wednesday, Jan. 2, 2019. Prior to the Holiday Closure going into effect, community members who may need assistance with building permits and inspections are encouraged to use the time between now and Dec. 21 to organize project timelines and visit the Development Services Center. Community members with active building permits can coordinate building inspections with their building inspector at least one week prior to the closure. For questions, please call 510-494-4400.
Automated Inspection Line
- Request a building inspection by calling 510-494-4885.
- Request a commercial AFES, fire alarm, or fire code inspection by email or call 510-494-4428.
- Have your permit number available when you request an inspection.
- Inspection requests can be made 24 hours a day, seven days a week on the automated line.
- Please note that all building and fire inspections must be scheduled before 3:00 pm the day before the appointment.
Anyone who is listed as a contact person on the permit/record can schedule a building inspection online through Citizen Access. To add persons to a record so they can schedule an inspection online, an authorization form needs to be completed by the applicant. To learn more on how to do this, visit our Citizen Access User Guide.
Inspection Area Assignments
Find out which inspector is assigned to your area.
Daily Inspection Schedule
- AM inspections are between 8 a.m.-12 p.m.
- PM inspections are between 12 p.m.- 4 p.m.
- Please call your assigned inspector the morning of your inspection for information regarding their inspection route.
- Please note that a narrower time window is not provided.
Tell Us How We Are Doing!
We are continually trying to improve our services. If you obtained a permit within the last year, please take a moment to complete our quick online survey. Thank you!