Viewing Permit and Plan Records
- The City retains electronic or microfilm copies of most permits, plans, calculations, specifications, and soils and/or geotechnical reports from 1956 when the City was incorporated.
- You are welcome to view most records at the Development Service Center, Self Help Center.
- If you are not able to locate the desired records you may submit a Request to View Building Permit Records form for assistance. It may take up to 10 days to retrieve your requested records.
- No records prior to 1956 are available from the City of Fremont. Contact the County of Alameda County Assessor’s office for further information.
- No records are available for buildings that have been Demolished, Razed or Removed. Contact the Alameda County Assessor’s or Recorder’s Office for information related to easements, property lines and taxable building areas.
Obtaining Copies of Permits and Plans
Permit Record Copies
- Copies of permits may be made from available records. Cost for 8 ½” x 11” page are typically $0.25 for the first 5 pages and $0.10 for every page thereafter.
- Official plans may not be copied except with the written permission, which permission shall not be unreasonably withheld, of the certified, licensed or registered professional or his or her successor, if any, who signed the original documents and the written permission of the original or current owner of the building.
- City staff will contact the professional for approval to copy plans. Up to 30 days or more may be required to contact the professional and the cost per professional contacted is $82.50.
- Plans that are not prepared by a certified, licensed or registered professional may be copied without the designer’s approval.
- The cost of plan copies is up to $5.25 per plan page depending on the copying method requested or required. An additional 7 to 10 days may be required for copying the records.