- Assisting City Council with planning for the City's future development
- Reviewing proposed development projects for conformance with the City's adopted policies and ordinances
- Maintaining and implementing the City's General Plan
- Providing information to the public about planning, zoning, planning permits, and landscape architecture requirements
- Providing staff for the Planning Commission, Historical Architectural Review Board, and Art Review Board
Development Services Center Closed March 16 to May 3, 2020
Effective Monday, March 16 through Sunday, May 3, 2020, most City of Fremont facilities are closed to the public to align with the Shelter in Place Order issued by the Alameda County Public Health Department to help slow the spread of Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19).
The Development Services Center located at 39550 Liberty Street in Fremont is closed. The Development Services Center is the City's one-stop shop for accepting, reviewing, and approving permit applications and construction documents for all types of projects. During this closure, the City will not be processing permits.
Staff are available by phone or email to provide assistance and answer questions. Please see the contact information below.
- Building Inspection: 510-494-4400 or email
- Code Enforcement: 510-494-4430 or email
- Development Services Center: 510-494-4443 or email
- Housing: 510-494-4500 or email
- Planning: 510-494-4440 or email
- Plans and Permits: 510-494-4460 or email
- Sustainability: email
For more information and updates to City services, please visit the City's Coronavirus webpage.
Find information about Planning permits and download the Universal Planning Application Form
Boards and Commissions
Find information about the Art Review Board, Historical Architectural Review Board, Planning Commission, Sustainability Commission, and Zoning Administrator
Learn about citywide development projects, including those in the City's Priority Development Areas
Learn about the environmental review process and find environmental documents prepared for specific projects
Find maps with information about zoning, land use, development activity, and more
Plans and Guidelines
- Citywide Design Guidelines
- Downtown and City Center Community Plan
- City's General Plan
- Warm Springs Community Plan
Find the resources you need to complete your residential project
Learn about residential, commercial, and industrial zoning district