Stormwater Development Permit Requirements
*NEW!!* Stormwater Control Plan & Checklist Process
In an effort to create a more streamlined process for review and approval of Stormwater Management Measures for development projects, the City of Fremont has created the Stormwater Control Plan (SCP) Process. See below for guidance on this new process:
Who Regulates Stormwater Pollution?The Municipal Regional National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System Stormwater Permit (also known as the MRP), issued by the San Francisco Regional Water Quality Control Board, mandates stormwater pollution prevention activities. The MRP requires 70+ municipalities in the Bay Area, including the City of Fremont, to place conditions on development projects to incorporate site design measures, source controls, treatment measures, and on larger projects, flow duration controls (FDCs). More information and development submittal requirements may be found in the tabs. Contact the Environmental Services Division with any questions you may have at (510) 494-4570.
Preliminary & Final Stormwater Control Plan (SCP) Plan Set Components:
Stormwater Management Plan (SMP) - See below the sample SMP PDF and AutoCAD files to be used for project submittals.
Additional Documents for Preliminary SCP submittals:
- SCP Checklists
- Stormwater Requirements Checklist - The form is required for all development projects and must be submitted to the City with permit applications.
- Special Projects Worksheet and Narrative - Complete and submit all forms for any project that is planning to use Special Project Credits.
- Combo Flow/Volume Sizing Worksheet
- Infiltration/Pervious Pavement Sizing Worksheet
- BAHM Worksheet - Use this worksheet to ensure the Bay Area Hydrology Model (BAHM) software is being applied correctly. Submit this worksheet along with the BAHM output software.
- Bay Area Hydrology Module (external link)
Additional Documents for Final SCP submittals:
- Stormwater Management Measures Operations & Maintenance Agreement (O&M Agreement) - Use this template to create the O&M for your project. Use the Instructions for Completing an O&M Agreement to assist in the completion of the agreement.
- Operations & Maintenance Manual Template - Use this template to create your O&M Manual.
- Operations & Maintenance Manual Maintenance Plans & Checklists
- Environmental Services Acknowledgement Form
- Stormwater Control Plan Guidance Manual
- Stormwater Control Plan FAQs
- C.3 Technical Manual (external link) - This provides guidance on Low Impact Development (LID) Requirements, numeric sizing calculations, using site design measures, and the hydromodification management (HM)standard.
- Hydromodification Susceptibility Map - Use this map to determine if your project is susceptible to the HM requirement.
- Stormwater Source Control Requirements - Specific source control requirements that are applicable to all development projects.
- Small Projects Low Impact Development Fact Sheets:
- Stormwater Requirements Matrix - Use this matrix as a visual aid to see which requirements are required for a given proposed project.
- - Must be submitted and approved prior to the installation of the BSM. Provide with the certificate a gallon sized sample of the BSM.
- Biotreatment Soil Mix Supplier List - List of previously approved soil suppliers
- Biotreatment Soil Specification