Why do I need this permit?
An Encroachment Permit is generally required to ensure that any work that occurs on public streets and sidewalks is performed according to current construction standards.
Encroachment Permit Applications may be submitted at:
Online at Accela Citizen Access OR
In person at:
Development Services Center, Engineering Division
39550 Liberty St.
Fremont, CA 94538
Before arriving in person, please check the Community Development website for center open hours.
Who can I contact if I have questions?
Please contact the Engineering Division at Engineering@fremont.gov for more information.
Encroachment Permit Submittal Checklists
- New Frontage Improvements Submittal Checklist
- Utility/PUC Regulated Submittal Checklist
- Public Agency Submittal Checklist
- Temporary Use/Access over Public ROW/Repair/Replacement/Minor Relocation Submittal Checklist
- Traffic Control Plan Application
- Insurance Requirements
- Surety Requirements
- Plans and Specifications Requirements
- Standard Construction Notes for Public Improvement Plans
- Fee Schedule
What do I do once I get this permit?
Once an encroachment permit is issued: