Planning Review Permits
Listed below are the Planning permits that are typically requested by the public. If you don't find what you need or need more information, please contact the Planning Division at (510) 494-4440 or choose from other permit types on the left side of this page.
All of these permits (with the exception of Home Occupation Permits and Requests for Historical Evaluations) require that you:
- Complete the Planning Application Form
- Review the Hazardous Waste and Substances List.
- Complete the Affordable Housing Plan Proposal. In order to calculate how many affordable units and/or affordable housing impact fees a proposed housing development will need to provide, you can download the Affordable Housing Calculator. The Affordable Housing Calculator is not applicable to projects using Density Bonuses. (Additional Resources)
- Complete the Impervious Surface Area, Stormwater Treatment and Hydromodification Measures Form.
- Complete the Bay-Friendly Basic Practices Checklist for Private Landscape Development.
- Pay the applicable Planning Application Fee/Deposit.