October 7, 2017
Fremont Fire Station No. 6
4355 Central Ave.
Fremont, CA 94536
Fremont Fire Department to Host Fire Prevention Week Open House
Saturday, October 7, 2017
The Fremont Fire Department will host an Open House on Saturday, October 7 from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Fremont Fire Station No. 6, located at 4355 Central Ave. The event will focus on this year’s fire safety theme: Every Second Counts: Plan 2 Ways Out! Visit the fire house and meet local firefighters. Learn all about fire prevention and how to keep your family safe in the event of a fire. It will be a fun event for the entire family!
Activities will include:
- Tour of the fire station
- Explore the fire engine and fire truck (Photo opportunities.)
- Learn how to make a home fire escape plan (Draw a map of your home with doors and windows.)
- Alameda County Smoke and Safety Trailer (Children enter the trailer in groups to learn how to get out the house safely and quickly during a fire or if they feel/smell smoke.)
- Smoke Detector Program (When there is a fire, smoke spreads fast. You need working smoke alarms to give you time to get out. Learn how often you should test and replace your detector.)
- Volunteer Opportunities (Learn more about CERT [Community Emergency Response Team] and how to prepare yourself and your community for disasters, and Rehab [re-hydration and nourishment].)
There will be several booths set up with a goal to teach the community about fire safety and how to get involved with the Fremont Fire Department. Each booth will have informative fliers, stickers, helmets, and magnets for event attendees. For more information contact the Deputy Fire Marshall Paul McInnis by e-mail or 510-494-4281.