Town Fair Plaza, Downtown Fremont’s new temporary plaza, has opened at the corner of State Street and Capitol Avenue. The site of the former Town Fair shopping center has been cleared and transformed into a community space designed to enliven downtown before the construction of Phase 1 of the Civic Center Master Plan in late 2019.
Along with hosting community events, the Town Fair Plaza features family-friendly game areas with everything from huge building blocks to table tennis and mini golf. Other features include a stage for live performances, a beer garden, a maker space, event space, daily food trucks, and the weekly Fremont Street Eats.
Placemaking curators Public Space Authority (PSA) will manage the site during the interim use and pilot concepts that can later be integrated into the permanent 1-acre civic center plaza of the Civic Center Master Plan project. Throughout 2018, PSA will continue to seek community feedback on the programming and design of the temporary space and will work to respond to and incorporate as many ideas as possible.
Town Fair Plaza is located at 39100 State Street, the east corner of Capitol Avenue and State Street, and is open Tuesday – Sunday.
Events in September include:
- East Bay Taco Festival of Innovation – Saturday, September 1, 3 p.m.-10 p.m.
- Capitol Avenue Night Market – September 15, 4:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.
- Fremont Live! – Held weekly on Wednesdays 4:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.
- LGBTQ+ // The Empathy Alliance Education Series – Held monthly on the second Sunday, 4:00 – 6:00 p.m.
- Fremont Street Eats – Held weekly on Fridays through October 26 from 4:30 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.
To learn more about upcoming events and share your thoughts go online.