On Tuesday, September 25, the Fremont Police Department shared information on how the Department is successfully leveraging technology for public safety. Staff provided an overview of several programs, both public and private, that are impacting the Department’s ability to solve crime. The one-hour program included general information, case studies, best practices, and information about Department policies on the following topics:
- Citywide community camera program
- Use of private video at retail centers
- License plate reader (LPR) cameras
- Residential camera registration program
- Unmanned aerial vehicle program (drones)
- Future projects
The meeting was held in the Fremont City Council Chambers, located at 3300 Capitol Ave., Building A. Community members who were unable to attend can watch the meeting on City’s streaming website.
For more information please contact the Fremont Police Department’s Community Engagement Unit at 510-790-6740.