The City of Fremont is implementing a Holiday Closure for many non-public safety City services from Monday, Dec. 24, 2018 through Tuesday, Jan. 1, 2019. The Holiday Closure is scheduled for Dec. 26, 27 and 28, 2018, while City holidays are observed on Dec. 24, 25, and 31, 2018 and Jan. 1, 2019. City offices participating in the Holiday Closure will re-open for business Wednesday, Jan. 2, 2019. This closure will not affect police and fire services.
Offices that are taking part in the Holiday Closure include:
• City Hall, 3300 Capitol Ave., Building A and Building B (Administrative offices)
• Fire Administration, 3300 Capitol Ave., Building A
• Development Services Center, 39550 Liberty St.
• Maintenance Center, 42551 Osgood Rd.
• All Community Centers and Recreation Buildings
During the Holiday Closure:
• Parks and Recreation Registration Desk, 3300 Capitol Ave., Building B will be open for walk-in registration of recreation programs from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Dec. 26 through Dec. 28, 2018.
• All Community Centers and Recreation buildings will be closed Dec. 24, 25, and 31, 2018, and Jan. 1, 2019.
• Human Services will provide limited services for Youth & Family Services, Family Resource Center, and Healthy Start Program.
• Life Eldercare will provide limited services. Clients should contact 510-574-2090 for additional information.
• Afghan Elderly Association will provide limited services. Clients should contact their caseworker for additional information.
• The Fremont Police Department and Fremont Fire Department will continue to provide public safety services.
• A minimum number of City staff will be available in an on-call status to provide emergency maintenance services such as responding to storm-related issues.
• Regularly-scheduled street sweeping will occur on Dec. 26, 27, and 28, 2018; weather permitting; no street sweeping on City-observed holidays. (We will make every effort to provide service on a different day. Contact the City’s Maintenance Division at 510-979-5700 prior to the closure for your street’s make-up street sweeping date.)
• The Tri-City Animal Shelter, located at 1950 Stevenson Blvd., will be closed on City-observed holidays Dec. 24 and Dec. 25 and open regular hours Dec. 26 through Dec. 29. Animal Field Services will be available limited hours on Dec. 24 through Dec. 31, 2018 and Jan. 1, 2019.
• The Human Services Department will have one or two crisis counselors at the Fremont Family Resource Center, located at 39155 Liberty St.
• Garbage, recycling, and yard waste collection by Republic Services will be provided one day later than normally scheduled during the closure. Call 510-657-3500 for more information.
• The Parks and Recreation Division will offer camps and other programs at some facilities. Visit our recreation website for more information.
• Community members with active building permits can coordinate building inspections with their building inspector at least one week prior to the closure. For questions, call 510-494-4400.
• The Fremont Tennis Center will be open for public play, weather permitting. There will be some limited holiday public hours; call 510-790-5510 for more information.
Historically, demand for many City services during the December and January holiday season is low. It is anticipated that the Holiday Closure will have little or no impact on service delivery efficiency.
For more information, visit our Holiday Closure webpage or call 510-284-4093.