Mark your calendar for the Fremont 4th of July Parade on Thursday, July 4 from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. in Downtown Fremont.
This year’s parade will feature approximately 70 parade entries, including colorful patriotic floats, marching bands, and equestrian units. The National Anthem will kick off the event promptly at 9:45 a.m. on the main stage. Following a parade flyover, the parade will officially step off at 10 a.m. and is anticipated to last two hours.
Only official parade participants with credentials will be allowed to enter the staging area and parade route.
The Fremont Police Department asks attendees to please refrain from bringing backpacks and large bags into the venue. In addition, UAVs (drones) will not be permitted to fly over the parade route or within the event venue.
Please plan ahead—several major roadways will be closed during the parade. All road closures will begin on Thursday, July 4 at 6 a.m. and roads are expected to reopen at 2 p.m. In addition, Fremont bus lines 99, 212, 216, and 251 will be detoured.
The road closures are as follows:
• Paseo Padre Parkway (both directions full closure between Mowry Avenue and Stevenson Boulevard)
• Stevenson Boulevard between Civic Center Drive and Paseo Padre Parkway
• Capitol Avenue (between State Street and Paseo Padre Parkway)
• Hastings Street (between Capitol Avenue and Mowry Avenue)
• Walnut Avenue (between Liberty Street and Civic Center Drive)
• Liberty Street (between Beacon Avenue and Capitol Avenue)
Please expect heavy traffic and delays in the area for the duration of the event.
As we celebrate this 4th of July season, please remember that the sale, possession, and use of all fireworks are banned within the City of Fremont. As always, we ask: If You See Something, Say Something. To report suspicious activity please notify a police officer or call 510-790-6800 and select option 3 (non-emergency number).
In case of life threatening and/or in progress criminal activity, please dial 911.
For more information visit Fremont 4th of July.