The Fremont community is encouraged to continue using outdoor spaces for health and fitness and we kindly ask that all park visitors follow Shelter-in-Place and posted park rules and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. Visit our Parks Update webpage for the latest Park Facility Updates.
Based on the state’s recent reversal regarding mandated playground closures, all City of Fremont park playgrounds will be reopened by the end of day today, Thursday, December 10, 2020. Please note that playgrounds are not sanitized and should be used at your own discretion. These guidelines are set forth by the California Public Department of Health. All City of Fremont picnic tables, picnic areas, and barbecues will remain closed in accordance with Alameda County's Shelter-in-Place Order.
As a reminder, the following rules remain in place:
- Face coverings are required outdoors if you are within 30 feet of a person living outside your residence.
- Social distancing of 6-feet is required.
- Group gatherings are prohibited with anyone outside of your household. (Health Officer Order No. 20-21)
- Picnic tables and barbecues at all parks remain closed.
- Community Centers and drinking fountains remain closed.
- The Central Park Skate Park and Dog Park are open but all social distance guidelines apply.
- Tennis Courts are open – guidelines are posted at the courts.
- Other sports or activities that include the use of shared equipment or physical contact between participants remain restricted with any persons living outside your residence as outlined in the August 28, 2020 Alameda County Public Health Order.
- Please do not enter a closed area or facility.
The City of Fremont will continue providing COVID-19 updates on its website and social media accounts on Facebook, Nextdoor, Nixle, and Twitter; follow our channels.
View the flier.