During the COVID-19 pandemic, many City offices continue operating at reduced physical staffing. As in years past, the City of Fremont will be implementing a Holiday Closure for many non-public safety City services. Some City offices will be closed from Thursday, Dec. 23 through Friday, Dec. 31, 2021. The Holiday Closure is scheduled for Dec. 27, 28, and 29, 2021, while City holidays are observed on Dec. 23, 24, 30, and 31, 2021. City offices participating in the Holiday Closure will re-open for business Monday, Jan. 3, 2022. This closure will not affect police and fire services.
Offices that are taking part in the Holiday Closure include:
- City Hall, 3300 Capitol Ave., Building A and Building B (Administrative offices)
- Fire Administration, 3300 Capitol Ave., Building A
- Development Services Center, 39550 Liberty St.
- Maintenance Center, 42551 Osgood Rd.
- All Community Centers and Recreation Buildings
- Age Well Centers at Lake Elizabeth and South Fremont
- Fremont Family Resource Center (FRC) Administration, Suite A110
- Tri City Animal Shelter, 1950 Stevenson Blvd.
During the Holiday Closure:
- The Fremont Police Department and Fremont Fire Department will continue to provide public safety services.
- Parks and Recreation Registration Desk, 3300 Capitol Ave., Building B will be open for walk-in registration of recreation programs from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Dec. 27, 28, and 29, 2021.
- Parks and Recreation Division will offer camps and other programs at some facilities following our COVID-19 Safety Plan. Visit www.RegeRec.com for more info.
- A minimum number of City staff will be available in an on-call status to provide emergency maintenance services such as responding to storm-related issues.
- Regularly scheduled street sweeping will occur on Dec. 27, 28, and 29, 2021; weather permitting. No street sweeping on City-observed holidays. (Dates for make-up street sweeping will occur on December 29 and 30.)
- No changes to garbage, recycling, and yard waste collection by Republic Services both weeks.
- The City’s online permitting portal, Citizen Access, will be unavailable starting Dec. 22, 2021, at 12 p.m. through Jan. 3, 2022 at 8 a.m. Online requests for permits and building inspections will be unavailable during this time. This includes Planning, Building, and Engineering permits. Please take this into consideration when planning for your project.
- Afghan Elderly Association will provide limited services. Clients should contact their Health Promoter for additional information.
- Youth & Family Services will have on-call crisis counselors to respond to youth referred from the Alameda County Crisis Receiving Home.
- Most FRC agencies are working during the City's holiday closure and will be closed according to their own holiday schedule. Call the agency that you are visiting ahead before traveling to the FRC for their status.
- Animal Field Services will be limited.
- The Fremont Tennis Center will be open for public play, weather permitting. There will be some limited holiday public hours; call 510-790-5510 for more information.
- Covia/Home Match will provide appointments by video call or phone. Call 510-574-2173 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Many City facilities and programs experience a reduction in service demand during the Holiday Closure dates. The City anticipates a further reduction in demand in some areas due to the pandemic.
For more information, visit our Holiday Closure webpage or call 510-284-4093.